Sunday, July 31, 2016

Orchestra Tour: London (Day 2)

I'm so sorry about the inconsistent posting. 

Realistically, I should be writing every day considering I have no Uni until September. Unfortunately, I'm the biggest procrastinator I know. Anyway, Day 2 of the tour and we're still in London. 

My friend made a Facebook group for the parents so they can be updated on how their kids are doing. The parents of the younger students especially appreciated the idea. It also refreshes my memory so I can write about it. I don't have that good of a memory, so I'm relying on the group. 

Day 2, our tour group bus-ed to Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.  It was just under a 2-hour bus trip, which was also the bus trip where I got introduced to 500. (Superb card game, please look it up and learn how to play). 500 took up 40% of our time on tour, which may be an underestimate. 

This day was also the day of our first concert. We played in the Holy Trinity Church, which also was the church where Shakespeare got baptised and buried. Also referred to as "Shakespeare's Church" for obvious reasons. The church itself was incredible. The stained glass artwork was so detailed and I was literally speechless because it was just beautiful. There was also a memorial for Shakespeare which felt amazing to be standing in front of. 
  

I admit I'm not a Shakespeare know-it-all, but being in presence of one of the most famous and best English writers in history was pretty surreal. 

The concert went well, even though there weren't many who sat down for the whole concert. Not gonna lie, personally, I was still pretty jet lag and exhausted so I didn't play as well as I would've liked. Nevertheless, I thought the orchestra sounded superb so it was quite good for the first concert of our tour. 

We also had a look around Anne Hathaway's garden. Even though we got rained on for the first 5 minutes or so, it cleared up for most of the time we were there, thank god. It was probably one of the few days we had sunshine in England.

The Cottage

The "Courting Chair"

Bye for now, I'll be back x



No comments :

Post a Comment